Louis Brandt created the first prototype Omega watches in 1848 in a tiny watch store in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. For the first thirty years following the company's founding, these watches—originally marketed under the name Louis Brandt & Fil—were supplied to clients all over the world. After Brandt died in 1879, his sons took over to carry on the work their father had begun. The Labrador, the company's first mass-produced caliber movement, was introduced in 1885. They then introduced the first minute-repeating watch in 1892, and the 19-line OMEGA Caliber two years later. The brand was able to establish itself in the watchmaking market because to this string of successes. In order to capitalize on the renown of these esteemed movements, the company changed its name to OMEGA Watch Co.